Friday, November 30, 2012

Let It Be

This week I've been a bit tired.  Between the long holiday weekend, some high emotions to work through, and the fact that it gets dark by the time I get home, I haven't been incredibly motivated to do any housework.

Last night, my wonderful MIL was over. She helped me do a couple things around the kitchen (dishes, etc....which is SUCH a blessing).  But the rest of the house is a mess.  Stuff we bought Black Friday in the dining room to put away. A shelf in the mudroom to put together and organize.  Laundry to put away.  Dusting, vacuuming, and bathrooms to clean.

I actually had some energy last night after dinner...and I could have accomplished much.

But instead, I sat my booty on the couch with Tyler and my MIL and our sweet puppy...and we watched a movie and laughed.  And it was glorious.

There will always be cleaning to do (and always weekends to do it!), so I chose to let it be. And this morning, while I was showering in a shower that needs a scrub, and scrounging for clean running clothes because I need to do laundry....I was so glad I took time last night to be with the people I love. Sometimes you just have to let it be.  It will still be there tomorrow. Or the next day. 

At the end of the night, I apologized to Tyler that the house was a mess and the laundry basket was overflowing.  He said, "I don't care.  I have you, and Mikey, and a comfy bed. That's all that matters." 

I'm thankful.

10 comments:

  1. It really is all that matters. I get super stressed about having a clean and organized house and sometimes forget what's the most important thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I cared more about it, honestly. It comes easily to me to put it off, but I usually have some guilt about it. I'm trying to deal with that better.

      Delete
  2. Okay...major confession here. My MIL has been retired for several years and has been coming once a week to clean and do laundry. Am I ashamed? A little. But I'm more thankful and I'm not too proud. ;)

    (btw, I'm a new reader! Can't believe I've missed your blog before, but I think we may be meeting at dinner tonight! Gwen invited me to join y'all!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Can't wait to meet you! And no shame here...my MIL cleans houses for a living...and she has offered to clean my house. I don't let her (yet...I'm sure I will after I have kids)...but she comes over like once a week to help me. It is such a blessing!

      Delete
    2. Okay...after a little "research" (aka blog stalking), I've learned that we have the same wedding anniversary! Except ours is 3/13/99. ;)

      Delete
    3. Oh how fun! What a good date that is! ;)

      Delete
  3. I can totally identify with this. I've felt so tired this week and then last night I actually had a little bit of energy but I spent it watching tv and snuggling with Wallace and Hubby. I completely agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to tell my mom (who was always running around our house doing laundry, dishes, cleaning, whatever) to just "sit and be." I think watching her run around crazy (and still think she had 100 things to do) made me not care so much about it all.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I am in that same stage! Realizing it is sometimes better to spend time with our loved ones and that honestly no one other than us wives and mommas even notice that majority of the things that need to be done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)