Saturday, November 3, 2012

Reading Through the Bible...Update

Still going strong on reading through the Bible. I'm like 36% of the way through! Right now, I'm toggling between 2 Samuel, 1 Chronicles, and Psalms.

I am LOVING this!

I am getting to read the story about David, then read the Psalms he wrote about it.

Now, let me tell you.  I LOVE me some Psalms. I have found great comfort in them in the past. But reading them following part of David's story has been awesome. I get to read about the events that inspired the Psalm! I had never even thought about it that way! (and not to mention, I get to read some of my favorite verses....like Psalm 16!)
A verse from my favorite Psalm

Now, hear me out on this.  There are still days in the Old Testament that I am just doing what feels like reading a history book.  The days of great revelation are not coming so often. However, I know I am reading God's story...His words...and I am enjoying it and learning.

I feel like I get little "pats on the back" for my obedience from God.

I read about someone obscure in the Bible...and then my pastor mentions them in church.  Or the same thing I'm reading on my own is reiterated in my life group on Sunday mornings. I feel like it is confirmation that my obedience is important to God.  It is more than coincidence. I serve a God of grand design, a God in the details.  I like that.

2 comments:

  1. I must admit that sometimes things in the bible definitely are hard to read and sometimes I have to remind myself of this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalms is my favorite book in the Bible. What app is this again?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)

If you want a reply, please make sure your email is linked with your Blogger account or that you leave your email in your comment.