Sunday, November 25, 2012

So We Bought a Scanner...

So one of my 30 Before 30 goals is to scan in old photos.  While I was home, I started on this.  I'm not trying to scan in every photo we have, but I would like to have copies of some of them.  I started this weekend with the albums I had in my bedroom- from like junior high/high school.  I also did some of the framed pictures from around the house.  I won't bore you with all of them...but here are some fun blasts from the past! ha!

This was the summer of 2002 (I think) when I performed at Silver Dollar City.


And this was a year earlier at Silver Dollar City.  How about that cow print vest? 

9th grade Valentine dance. I want to be that thin again. ha!

I found pictures of family pets that have died....this was Cinnamon. 

And how about this gem?  Awkward family photos, anyone? This is a dance photo from like 6th grade.

16th birthday party! We had a sweet 1!  I also want to be this skinny. ha!  Check out mom's hair!

Who is that cute hula girl?  Me! :)


So there ya go....some gems that I found this weekend.  Weekend recap coming tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Oh HONEY! You in the hula skirt... presh!!!

    Love looking at old photos! I may have to do this sometime on my blog! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to reminisce as I scanned them in! I would love to see some old photos!

      Delete
  2. That's on my list of things to do at some point but I can't ever seem to do it. I feel like its going to be a long process. If you figure out the best way to do it let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! My mom has a printer/scanner that scans directly to a jump drive plugged into the printer...so it scans really quickly. It isn't a super fast process, but they go a little faster without having to send the file to the computer. Honestly, I looked into a service where you send them your photos and they send you the files and photos back. But it was a bit too pricey. I'll just spend a couple hours scanning every time I'm home.

      Delete
  3. My granddad had a bunch of dogs like Cinnamon when I was little. They were so fluffy and wonderful to pet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)