Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful and a Weight Loss Update

I'm so blessed beyond measure.  The Lord has been so good to us.  I could start a list of everything I'm thankful for and never stop.  There is so much to be thankful for.  I know some people do that "30 Days of Thankfulness" on Facebook...and I didn't participate.  But I wanted to take a minute and just thank the Lord for some of my biggest blessings.

My husband.

Tyler is a daily blessing to me.  He isn't perfect, but he is perfect for me.  

My family.

I have been blessed with great parents, great in-laws, and wonderful extended family.  They are always there to cheer me on and love me.

My church.

I had a great church where I grew up and I wasn't sure I would ever find that again. But I have.  I'm so thankful for the people at FBC Greenwood.  I am so thankful for my life group, our pastor, and the wonderful people.  I am thankful that they live out God's word.

My home.

I'm so thankful that we were able to build our dream home, but more than that...I'm so grateful for a warm, comfortable, cozy home.  I know many are in danger of losing their homes, or they don't have a place of their own...so I am thankful for ours.

My job.

Not only do I have a good job, but I enjoy what I do.  I have wonderful coworkers whom I consider to be friends. I am so thankful for this job.

Zumba.

It might sound silly, but I'm so thankful to have found a way to stay healthy and make a little bit of money that I enjoy.  I'm also thankful for the encouraging people I've met through Zumba.  From my students (many who have become friends), to other instructors, I'm just thankful for the joy it brings in my life.

My friends.

I have always had pretty wonderful friends.  From high school to college to now, I'm thankful for those who have become friends of mine.  They are great listeners, make me laugh, and are quick to love and slow to judge.  I'm grateful.

Blogging.

I'm so glad I found an outlet for my thoughts, and that I've made some friends along the way.  Thank you to those of you who have prayed with me, rejoiced with me, and who have taken interest in my mundane life.  It is fun to have people to walk alongside of you on your journey.

I'm also thankful that these boys are from my alma mater, Ouachita Baptist University.  A great mix of the talent at OBU and the love of the Razorbacks. :)


And for a quick weigh loss update.
Back in September, I set out to lose 20 pounds by Thanksgiving.  Now, that was a big goal...but I decided to try.  And I didn't quite make it.

But I DID lose 6 pounds, so it isn't a bust by any means.  It is just slow going, dadgumit. I still have 14  to lose to make it to that 20 pound goal I set back in September (which will put me just past my 150 goal)...but I'm still working towards it.  The ladies in my online group (who were all working toward 20 by Thanksgiving) are joking that maybe we will get to 20 by Christmas.  If not Christmas, then we will keep trucking.  I'm not giving up. I have set the goal to be at 155 by New Year's....so hopefully I can get there.

But here is the cool part: I am 21 pounds less this Thanksgiving than I was last Thanksgiving.  So I'll celebrate that! 


What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

  1. Good job on the 6 lbs down! You can do it! :)) Have a happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for you!! Too many reasons to list!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)