Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Recap: Pedicure, Dates, and Sushi!

This was one of the best weekends in a while.  Lots of fun, not a lot "to do"...

It started out with me selling an extra TV we had Friday after work (YAY!) and then celebrating my 20 pound weight loss with a pedicure. I splurged for the deluxe pedicure...and it changed my life.  He did a mask, scrub, hot towels, and a hot stone massage on top of the regular pedicure.  It lasted 45 minutes before he started to polish.  Amazing.

 
After my pedicure, I met Tyler for dinner.  We had Mexican (diet splurge....but its my favorite place!) and then we went to Academy.  We really enjoy walking around there on date nights.  There is stuff we both like.  Tyler looked at and bought a new knife...
And I picked out some cold weather running gear.  Tyler said he wanted to help me keep going with the running, so he bought me a pair of running tights and two long sleeve running shirts.

Saturday morning started with a bang.  Mikey was outside.  We have 20 acres (and no fence) but he usually just walks around our yard.  Well, so does this neighborhood dog. Mikey saw him in our pasture and chased him back to his house.  This is a BIG dog, y'all.  But my little Mikey ran him off.
As close I could get to the dog from our property.
The bad part was Mikey ran through the "tall grass" of the pasture, not the nice grass of the yard....and he was COVERED in burrs.  I had to pick them out of his fur, which hurt my sweet fingers so bad!


















I mean, look at these things!

I didn't do much on Saturday.  I met Brandy for a workout, then we walked around the antique show (but I didn't buy anything).  Then I went grocery shopping and picked up lunch at Panera.  I came home, ate and put away groceries and napped.  I love a good nap.  I got up and cleaned, watched tv, and did nothing important.  Tyler was gone to Tulsa at the gun show, and didn't get home until 7.  We just hung out at home Saturday evening.

Sunday was supposed to be my 5K. It was scattered rain.  It would POUR, then sprinkle for a while, then stop.  I couldn't imagine starting running only for it to POUR during the run.  So I skipped out.  

At least I got my t-shirt! :)

Then Sunday evening we went to Fayetteville with some of our favorite people, Tammie and Anthony.  Anthony wanted to try sushi, so we showed him the ropes.  He LOVED it.  We got our favorite rolls to share with them like the fried sushi, tuna roll, an eel roll, and some traditional rolls like spicy tuna and California roll.

After we got home, we looked at our family pictures (coming tomorrow!) and ordered Christmas cards before heading off to bed.

A great weekend!  How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. That is too funny that Mikey chased the big dog! I can just see him now haha! That sounds like the perfect weekend! Any weekend that involves sushi is a good weekend in my book. I LOVE your family pics! I can't decide which one is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounded perfect! Pedicure, sushi and shopping! Yay for all of those!

    And hey, we ordered our Christmas cards yesterday too! Can't wait to see all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you go? I'm a big sushi fan and live in Fayetteville and love new places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim- we LOVE Kobe in Fayetteville. It used to be in the Target/Kohl's shopping center...but just moved next to Olive Garden and Red Robin. It is SO good. I mean, we consistently drive an hour both ways to eat it. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)