Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WILW: Weight Loss, Cooking, and More!

Happy Wednesday!  Hard to believe we are here again...halfway to the weekend!

Here is what I'm loving this week!

I'm loving...that my friend Amanda might come for a visit this weekend!  She and her husband Nathan live far, far away in Alabama.  I haven't seen her since her wedding in April 2011.  She is a teacher and has Monday off, so they are thinking of trekking to Arkansas to visit! (and Fort Smith friends...where should I take them for the authentic Fort Smith experience...fun stuff, restaurants, etc.)

I'm loving...that I have hit 20 pounds weight loss.  I started last year on Dec. 19. I have officially lost 20 pounds on my own.  No crazy diet plans, no denying myself...just making good choices and working out.  Now here is to about 15 more! :)

I'm loving... this recipe for crockpot cube steak I found on Pinterest! We have an abundance of beef in our freezer (because my FIL gave us a whole cow! Literally.) and this is one of my favorite ways to make the cube steaks, now.

I made it with one can of golden mushroom, and one can of cream of chicken with herbs. I add some mushrooms, too. DELISH!

I'm loving... music from Newsies.  I listen at work, I listen while running, I listen at home while cleaning...I just want to go back and see it again! I think they might be on DWTS next week, so be looking for that.




And lastly, I'm loving...this quote.

14 comments:

  1. congrats on losing 20lbs! that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Congrats on the weight loss, girl! You earned it!

    I too, love that quote... and now I need to try that recipe! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! It is sooo good! Tyler has requested it weekly since I first made it!

      Delete
  3. That is awesome! I have about 6 pounds of my baby weight to lose! Trying not to lose it with a crazy diet either! Great job though:) Going to catch up some more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been slow coming off, but totally worth it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Holy cow! (pun!) That's awesome news. You should treat yourself to something similarly awesome, like new workout gear or the like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Kim! I think I might do just that! Maybe a pedicure would be nice...

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the weight loss! I'm going to have to try that recipe. I've never mastered the art of cooking steak so maybe a crock pot recipe is just what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you on the 20 pound weight loss!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)