Thursday, November 8, 2012

Zoumba, Zoomba, and Zamba - Will the real Zumba please stand up?

I was running out of ideas for the Zumba blogs, so I asked online for some questions people had about Zumba.  I'm going to be answering those for the next few weeks.  One of the first questions was "What does Zumba mean? Is it the same as Zoomba?"

So Zumba is sort of a made up word. It has no meaning...it just sounds fun.

The problem with making up words is that sometimes people get it wrong. I've seen people type it out as Zoomba, Zoumba, Zamba and others.

I get it.  People misspell my name a lot, too.  However, it is Zumba. Z-U-M-B-A not Zoumba, Zoomba, or Zamba.

Zumba is the latin-dance fitness craze that you have seen on TV.  Not sure what those other things are! ha!  If you want more info about Zumba, visit Zumba.com

Here is a funny video that plays on the misunderstandings of Zumba/Zamba

2 comments:

  1. I love when people say it differently before they go for the first time and learn the ways of the Zumba. It's pretty hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's funny to see others spell it wrong or say it wrong. but it never really matters, because Zumba's pretty much the best thing ever!

    xoxo, Amy

    I'm hosting my 1000th post party, love for you to come!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)

If you want a reply, please make sure your email is linked with your Blogger account or that you leave your email in your comment.