Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Lights in Fort Smith Area




I am fairly new to the Fort Smith area.  I mean, I haven't lived here my whole life or anything....but just after moving here, I scoped out the best places to look at Christmas lights. I am going to post some of my favorite places, but if you are local, I'd love to hear some of your favorite places to look at lights in the comments!

  • Creekmore Park
    • Creekmore Park is FULL of lights! There is a little train running too, so you can catch a ride around the park to see the lights.  There are fun "moving" light displays..and everything from Blue's Clues to a nativity. We really enjoyed it.  You could also get coffee next door at Sweet Bay if it is a little cold!  The lights are on at Creekmore Park through December 22 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. 
  • Trail of Lights in Greenwood
    • At Bell Park in Greenwood, you can drive through a great light display for just $3 a car.  
  • Fianna Hills
    • Fianna Hills is an area of houses off Fianna Way.  Just drive through the neighborhood and side streets and you will see great light displays!  One road even does the 12 days of Christmas!  Too fun!


    • We love to drive through this area of homes.  It can be sort of "hit or miss" since these are just homeowners who decorate...but it's worth getting a hot chocolate to go and then driving through the area.
  • "The Inflatable House" off Durham Ave (just south of Golden Living)
    • After Fianna Hills, drive just a minute south past Golden Living and turn on the first road to your right.  There is a house with TONS of inflatables in the yard.  It is a really neat sight!
Where do you like to look at Christmas lights in the Fort Smith area?  Leave me a comment and let me know!  

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget about the Hodo House in Van Buren. Generally there's a line about 30-45 minutes to see it, but its really fun! Lots of lights set to music on his private radio station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's one in Lavaca too, i've never done it but plan on it this year, they accept can goods as donations to the Lavaca Food Pantry it's at 3106 Lake Hill Dr in Lavaca. Show times are 6, 7, 8, and 9pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the van buren house is awesome!!! and we also used to watch the "battle of the lawn decorations" just past barling like before central city..cracks us up!!! these two houses across the road from each other like compete to see who can put out the most lawn inflatables!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say Hodo house but I was beat to it! They used to have an amazing one by the river but they stopped a couple years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)