Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pecan Pie Crust Snickerdoodle Bites

Over Thanksgiving, there was one little lonely piece of chocolate chip pecan pie left.  I didn't really want the whole piece of pie, but I wanted the crust and the crunchy pecans. I'm not a huge fan of the gooey center.  So I attacked that pie and got my hands really messy trying to eat around the gooey middle. (What? You don't eat leftovers with your hands? At our house, after the main meal utensils are optional.)

Anyway, I wanted pie sans gooey stuff. So, I hit the internet.  I was able to find pie crust cookies.  But those were just pie crust sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.  Eh. Not enough.

I also found mini pecan pie tarts that are basically pecan pie without the goop. Well, honestly, who has those little mini tart pans? I sure don't! 

So, I made my own creation! Taking inspiration from Cookies and Cups, I made some snickerdoodly pie crust balls with ingredients in the middle (she loves stuffed cookies...see cream cheese snickerdoodles, & white chocolate snickerdoodles).  So I made stuffed pie bites. They were easy!

I present to you: Pecan Pie Crust Snickerdoodles.

I am entering these Pecan Pie Crust Snickerdoodle Bites in the Creative Holiday Recipe Contest hosted by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and Cookies and Cups!

Ingredients:
-1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts in a box)
-1/2 cup Cinnamon chips (in the baking aisle by the chocolate chips)
-1/2 cup White chocolate chips
-1/2 cup Chopped pecans
-1/4 cup sugar
-1 tablespoon cinnamon
-1/2 cup water

I just took the pie crust, cut it into circles (finally! a use for those biscuit cutters I put on our registry!  I used a 1.5 inch cutter.  You could also use a small glass or a knife freehand to cut circles.)


Next, I  stuffed them with pecans and other goodies.  About 3-4 pieces of pecans, a couple cinnamon chips and a couple white chocolate chips.

Then you fold it all up.

First, fold it like a taco.

Then fold in the other sides.

 Then close it into a little ball.

Then dip the other (non-folded) side in water...

Then dip that bottom side in cinnamon sugar. (you don't want to roll the whole thing because the sugar on the bottom will burn...only put sugar on one side...and put that side up in the cookie sheet)

Bake at 415 for 12-15 minutes (and then I broiled mine on low for like 2 minutes to brown) and eat.

The inside is pecan-pie-ish...the outside is crust...with a hint of sweetness.  They are perfection.  Pecan pie taste with no goop.

Yum!
Excuse the post-workout look. They were so good, I just couldn't wait on them.

 So good!

I took this batch to a potluck at work and they were attacked by my coworkers! Hope you enjoy them too!


7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These are totally genius! I am of the firm belief you can never have too much crust...well...ok, that was weird.
    But anyway, these are amazing! Thanks so much for entering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! My boyfriend is a pie purist (ie only big pies of normal traditional fillings) so I'll have to shove them down his throat to get him to try them. But I'm sure, at first bite, he'll be hooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are addictive for sure! We just kept popping them....and before you knew it you had eaten like 10! ooops! ;)

      Delete
  3. Seriously, I am imagining all the awesome possibilities these hold...and what I could dip them in. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOH dip! What a good idea! Why didn't I think of dipping these in something? Yum! Maybe a cream cheese caramel dip?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)

If you want a reply, please make sure your email is linked with your Blogger account or that you leave your email in your comment.