Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WILW and OHP: Resolution Edition

For the most part, I'm going to focus on meeting some new year's resolutions....namely finally finishing losing this weight.  I'm 10-20 pounds away from goal (about 10 from my first goal...I might go 10 past that).  So here are some fitness/weight loss related pins I found this week.

The Three Day Military Diet.  Now I'm not usually for gimmicks, but we leave for our cruise in like 2 weeks...so a girl's gotta do something to kick my booty in gear.  I think I might do this Friday-Sunday.

And I also don't think I can totally tone my arms in 7 days, but this looks like a good arm workout to try! I do weights in the mornings, so I might do this for the next little bit...


And I'm loving this quote. My loss has been slower, and I know its only because of the times when I commit half-way.
Source: google.com via Brittney on Pinterest


And a couple of non-fitness related pins... I want to paint this saying on a canvas for our bedroom!


And these cookies were brought to my cookie swap and they were AMAZING! She didn't frost them and they were perfect. Favorite new cookie.


Now for some things I'm loving today.... 

I'm loving this verse: 

"A cheerful heart is a good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength." Prov 17:22 (NLT). 

That verse sums up my life right now. I am choosing happiness and joy. I could choose stress, worry, and complaining...but I'm not. I am choosing to feed my spirit, not sap it.

 I'm also loving...this adorable monogram necklace.

Funny story about it.  I asked Tyler for it for Christmas.  It was the only thing I wanted for Christmas.  I knew he would come through.  Well, I noticed it hadn't come in yet (because he hadn't asked for the wrapping stuff to wrap it).  So I got curious.  I got on etsy (where it came from) and he was logged in.  I saw it still sitting in his cart!  I knew he probably thought he had ordered it...but hadn't completed it.  So I told him there was something in his etsy cart.  He was so sad.  It is too late to get it by Christmas....but he is still getting it for me.  He thinks he just abandoned the transaction at some point...and he was the cutest being so sad that I wouldn't get my gift in time.  It's the thought that counts, right?! :)

Hope you have a great Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. Oooh that monogram necklace is gorgeous!! And I am loving the workout for toned arms. I am repinning it so I can do it in a little bit! :)

    Have a wonderful day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Feel the burn, baby! :) I'm going to do that one in the morning...hope it's good!

      Happy Wednesday!

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting that monogram necklace too! I don't think my husband could handle etsy lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Cortney! Mine got an account just to order my necklace....and that was a big fat fail...so he didn't really handle it either! He told me we would have to order it together so it all worked. :)

      Delete
  3. Found your blog through the linkup. Cute pins!! I love the I love Lucy picture, the quote would look great on a canvas!! Hope you have a great day! :)
    Rachel
    http://sugar-stripes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm those cookies were sooo good!! i wish i had iced them, maybe next time! i want another bite of your pizza though! that stuff was insanely good! and that necklace!! ooooie! very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were great without the icing! That pizza was SO easy! Just french bread, WalMart pizza sauce and toppings. But MAN was it good!

      Delete
  5. Popping by from the WILW! First time visiting your blog! Loving your fitness motivation - I have recently been attempting to make some healthy lifestyle changes (have been in kind of a rut since having my 2 little ones - a 2 1/2 yr. old and 9 month old)... Anywho, adorable necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I do talk alot about Zumba and other fitness stuff here (along with my crazy life!). I'm not a "fitness" blog...but you are welcome to join me on my journey! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)