Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Five: Why You Don't Sit on Coral and Other Fun Things

I'm taking a break from the cruise recaps (don't worry...they are coming back tomorrow!) for a little Friday Five.

1. We drove 10 hours home on Sunday.  Monday at lunch, my car wouldn't start. I had to have it towed to the dealership...and it turns out that the whole computer system in the car died.  I am SO THANKFUL that we were able to make it home (and I made it to work Monday) without any trouble.  I'm thankful that my Roadside Assistance covered the tow, and that my extended warranty is covering the repair.  I'm thankful that Tyler was off work Monday and could pick me up without any trouble.  I'm thankful we had extra vehicles for me to drive.  But the funny part?  I was driving a big black Dodge Ram truck that is super basic.  No power locks, no power windows...and it is too tall for me...so I had to hoist myself in it every time.  Love it. Girls like me aren't made for driving trucks. Thankful my car was ready for pickup yesterday after work.

2. My monogram necklace came in!  Woot woot!


3. The videos I made at work is up on Youtube! Check them out!


 
4. I saw this video of a clip from Oprah and cried.  What a beautiful testimony and empowering message. 



5. While snorkeling in Freeport, Bahamas...I sat on some coral.  What?  Yes. You read that right.  It was low tide, so as we were snorkeling, stuff was RIGHT below us.  I freaked out for a minute, so I stood up to calm down.  Since it was low tide, we were able to stand in an area where you normally shouldn't be able to.  There was coral everywhere, but I stood up on my flippers in a sandy patch.  But then a wave came by and knocked me over.  I fell onto the coral.  This is on the side of my hip.  This is why you don't sit on coral.

Location: side of my left hip. Size: my hand. Status: itches like CRAZY.

Yes, coral stings/scrapes you.  Yes it hurt bad when it happened.  It just itches now.  I went to the dermotologist...and I was the office freak.  They don't see many coral stings here in Arkansas, so all the doctors in the office wanted to come take a look. And they wanted a photo of it for their records.  I figured if it was good enough for the doctors, that you needed to see it too. :)

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Loving your necklace and hating that coral sting rash thing! Ugh! I hope the cream they gave you at the derm is helping!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay. so watching the video and i really want the house you just moved out of :) super cute!! whose house was it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your necklace! I hope your hip heals soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)