Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's Eve and Day

I had a great New Year's Eve and half a great New Year's Day.

I got off work early NYE, so I went and got my nails done.  I LOVE shellac...and the salon gave me a $5 gift certificate for New Year's. So fun!


I did some shopping after my nails.  I went to TJ Maxx and they were packed with fitness stuff!  I got some workout clothes, weight lifting gloves (because my weights are SO COLD in the mornings), a big fitness ball, and some other stuff).

I didn't want to blow a bunch of money shopping (since we are leaving for our trip soon), so I went and sat with Tyler.  He was at the RC shop.  They built a new shop with an indoor track and lots of work room...so he was there working on his truck.  It's so great! The guys can help each other, trade parts, and they have a great time.


After he was finished, we went and had dinner together at Red Lobster.  It was yummy!

We ran some errands after dinner, but we got home around 9.  We watched TV and stayed up until midnight.  But no worries, this non-night owl was asleep by 12:30! ha!

New Year's day we got up and headed to the big Dillard's sale.  I got some GREAT deals.  Some clothes, bras, a purse, and some Christmas towels.  We attempted jeans shopping for Tyler but were only mildly successful with one new pair.

We met my MIL and our friend Kacee for lunch at the food court, and then Kacee and I got pedicures.

After the pedicure, I started feeling crummy so I went home.  Well, something happened and I got fever for about 12 hours.

I never had any other symptoms (I had a runny nose from allergies that caused some nausea...but it quit after lunch before I felt sick). I just had a 100-101 fever for like 12 hours.  But man did I feel like death.  I laid in bed praying that I didn't make Kacee sick (she is pregnant) and just got so hot.  Luckily, my fever broke about 3 a.m. on Wednesday.

Needless to say, I stayed home Wednesday resting.

Not an ideal New Year's day...but I'm thankful that whatever it was came and went.

Happy New Year, friends!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you were sick. :( Glad you're better though. We braved the big Dillard's sale also in Fayetteville. But it was too overwhelming for me! So many people! Ha! We only came away with a 3 pack of undershirts for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you got some great deals shopping! I am sorry that you were sick, but thankful that it was short! Hope your pregnant friend didn't get it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so thoughtful!!! you did not give me what you had - i did get sick but not until this past thursday..but still no fever! i just feel icky/tired/sore throat :( can't wait to hear all about your cruise!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)