Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WILW: Running Edition and OHP Randoms

Now that I'm back from vacation and back to working out and healthy eating...I'm so inspired!

I have some weight still to lose (and as always, its slow going) so I decided to focus on some non-weight related goals for the time being.  I want to work up to a 10k this year...and I might be crazy...but I am joining in on the quest to do 13 races in 2013!  I missed the deadline to officially sign up for her challenge, but I'm going to do it anyway.  The races can be virtual or actual races.  I think I have figured out plenty of local races...so as of my calendar now, I only have one virtual race.

Because of all this running, I have some things I'm loving that are running related!

I'm loving...that one of my favorite fitness blogs is hosting a virtual 5k on Friday!  Runs for Cookies is celebrating her birthday with a 5k...and I'm totally hitting the park after work to run my race.  She is even posting a race bib that I can print and wear!  Too fun!

I'm loving....that one of my races will the Tulsa Color Run!

It is April 20 and I'm doing it with some friends.  And it looks like a TOTAL blast!

I'm loving...these tanks I bought.  I have been eyeing them forever, and these lofty goals seemed like they needed some new cute clothes. :)


And now for some random pins I'm loving today....

Some Les Mis humor!

Sort of anti-weight loss....but fun to see how that yummy crunchy stuff can be replicated at home!


So those are my random things for today!  What are you loving today?

13 comments:

  1. I'm loving those tanks!!! Way cute!

    I wish they had a color "walk" somewhere! Ha! Looks like so much fun! I'll be rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl...you can totally walk! Want to meet me in Tulsa for it? :)

      Delete
    2. I would seriously consider it! OY! How much fun would we have?

      Delete
    3. So much fun! :) Its April 20 in Tulsa...let me know! You can join our team! :)

      Delete
    4. Girl, are you serious? I would really like to! How big is the team? Is everyone running it?

      I would prolly fly there instead of drive... where are you staying?

      Delete
  2. Hi I found you from the link up! Those tanks are cute. I also loved that sweet goodness!! This might be random but I just moved to the Tulsa area is that where you are too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lins! I am from the Arkansas River Valley area (Fort Smith area). Only a couple hours from Tulsa. Want to do the Color Run with us? :)

      Delete
  3. Oh awesome! We just moved to Oklahoma at the end of September! HA HA I might do it with y'all. I am recovering from a broken foot/surgery so I have not worked out for months! HA HA countryrootscityliving.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great. I am new to this area...and only been to Tulsa a couple times. Foot surgery- ouch! Heading over to visit your blog! :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome! :) There isn't much in Tulsa! HA HA

      Delete
    3. Don't tell that to people around here. Everybody goes to Tulsa all the time! Eating, shopping, to see musicals, sporting events...it is the next biggest town. I go to Fayetteville/Rogers area a lot, so I'm way more familiar with that. I think we may spend the night in Tulsa for our anniversary for a little getaway in March.

      Delete
    4. March what? My parents anny is March 8th and it will be something like 40 yrs or something. We go down toward Broken Arrow a lot, we really like this one resturaunt called Zio's. It is sooo good!

      Delete
    5. Our anniversary is March 13....we will probably be there the weekend after. I'll have to check out Zios! We have some family in Broken Arrow (well, actually all around Tulsa...Sand Springs, Broken Arrow, and some other areas around town).

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)

If you want a reply, please make sure your email is linked with your Blogger account or that you leave your email in your comment.