Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekend Recap: Movie, Musical, and More!


I had a jam-packed, super fun, awesome weekend!  It all started Friday after work.  

(Exciting! I went to TWO places on my 30 Before 30 list this weekend!  Woohoo!) 

We took some dresses to the Prom Fair at our local high school to try and sell them on Saturday.  (sadly, the  turnout was poor and they sold very few dresses...and none of mine!).

After dropping off the dresses, mom and I headed back to town and we went to Movie Lounge! They were hosting a panel on the movie "West of Memphis."  I'm really into the West Memphis 3 case, and they had three lawyers who worked on the case there to talk and answer questions.  VERY enlightening!


Author Mara Leveritt was also there.  She didn't speak, but she was selling and signing her books "The Devil's Knot."  The book is about the WM3 case...and she was instrumental in the development and investigation of the case.

This was her signing my book.  But funny story....she addressed it to me, wrote "For exhoneration!" dated it...and then didn't sign her name. There is a squiggly line under it all, so maybe that's her signature.  Or maybe she doesn't actually sign her name.  Or maybe (since I was the second in line) she just forgot.  I dunno.  Pretty funny that I have a signed book without a signature.
After the panel, we went into the theater for dinner and a movie.  We saw "West of Memphis" which was REALLY good. And the food....ohmygah. SO good.  It is really neat to sit in the comfy seats and pull the table around to you...and eat right there in the theater! 

I had a yummy greek salad, mom had a gyro, and Tyler had some AWESOME tomato crab soup with a grilled cheese (made with jalepeno cornbread for the bread!). We also shared some delicious crab hushpuppies. YUM!


On Saturday, mom and I went to NWA to shop.  We hit up Loft and got some goodies...had lunch at Chipotle, and then went to the Walton Arts Center to see "Memphis" the musical.  The cast was SO talented!  The show was great!  One of my favorites that I have seen.

We came back to Fort Smith after. Dad drove up from Hot Springs to spend the night...so all of us went to the Red Barn for dinner.  It is a really neat old place on the north side of town.  It is an old horse barn turned steakhouse.  You literally sit at a table in a horse stall.  This was us in our stall.  The waitress comes in and swings the stall door to get in and out.  We had some extremely delicious steaks and their AWESOME biscuits.  GREAT dinner.

Then we came home and mom helped me clean out my closet.  These are all the dead soldiers from the cleanout.  I got rid of things that were too big, too worn, stained, or just that I wouldn't wear.  Very successful.

And dad napped on the couch! ha!

Sunday, we went to church and lunch...then mom and dad headed home.  Tyler and I headed to the gym.

And shocker of the century...TYLER CAME TO MY ZUMBA CLASS.  All these years, he would never Zumba with me (even when I was a Zumba student).  But he decided to come.  He did great and he really enjoyed it!  He said "I can see why y'all love it so much!" ha!  And I made his legs sore! :)  

When we got home, I went for a run...and came home to my favorite sight: Tyler sitting in the recliner reading his Bible.  I am SO thankful for him being the Word. (excuse the fuzzy pic...but I was trying to be covert).

We had dinner, watched a movie, and rested.  A GREAT weekend!  

How was your weekend? 

4 comments:

  1. Holy closet clean out! You got rid of a lot of stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It felt good to purge it all. And with my shopping addiction, I still have plenty left to wear! haha!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I can't believe he came, and he enjoyed it!! Sorry I missed that! Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was CRAZY, but fun! It was good...would have been better if I could have seen YOU! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)