Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Recap: Too Much Fun


Friday, we had a pretty quiet night.  I went to the park after work to run.  It was cold.  I was sniffly.  My legs were tired from Zumba Thursday.  But I ran.  I was participating in the 13 in 2013 Tackle the Miles run sponsored by Jill Conyers.  I had to do some run/walking because of all my issues.  But I did all 3.1 miles! I could have quit at 1.5 when I doubled back on the trail, but I kept going.  Sometimes you just have to push through. :)

I did some shopping at Target and Ulta after my run, and then came home. We had dinner and watched Unknown.  It was SOOOO good.  We love Liam Neeson, and he was great in this.



Saturday, I got up early and got ready to head to NWA.  I stopped in Fayetteville and picked up my friend Kolby.  Then we drove to Bentonville for our Tri Chi sister Hannah's wedding shower!  

She looked soooo beautiful!


She was so blessed at her shower.  She is the pastor's daughter of a really big church, so she opened gifts for two hours straight!  Check out all those blessings!


We also got to see our pledge sister Kayla.  Y'all.  She had a baby six weeks ago. Six weeks! Doesn't she look great?  It was awesome to see her, meet Lawson, and visit.  I am so blessed by my sisters.



After the shower, me and Kolby got some lunch and decided to stimulate the economy.  We shopped at Ross, Bath and Body Works, and Sephora.  We sure did some damage. :) 

When I got back to Fort Smith, we decided to drive about 30 minutes away to meet some friends (JJ and Lauren) at a new catfish place.  It was so good.  I ate like I wasn't on a diet. :)  They had catfish and the fixings (coleslaw, beans, pickled green tomatoes, hushpuppies) and then I got some catfish and shrimp and fried potatoes. OMG it was GREAT. 


Sunday, we enjoyed Life Group and church...then I taught Zumba Toning...and then our friends Warren and Brooke came over to watch the Super Bowl!  I fixed some snacks (recipes coming soon!),

and got to play with little Parker, too! :) He is the BEST baby.  I am praying our kids are as content and good as he is!

Even Mikey just relaxed on the recliner watching the game! ha!

Such a fun weekend!  What did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. What's this new catfish place you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the name...but it is in Muldrow right across from the Elementary school. Not a buffet...but order off the menu. It was amazing. NOTHING healthy (they didn't even have salad!) but it was so good.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)