Thursday, December 26, 2013

Tis the Season!


We had a great Christmas holiday!  

It started with Monday at work having an ugly sweater day.  While this isn't technically a sweater, I think I wowed my coworkers with this sequin ensemble. :)

Monday evening, Tyler bought a new (to us) truck north of town....so we just decided to keep heading north to NWA for the evening.  Ty had to get fitted for a tux for a wedding he's in next month in Rogers...and then we had dinner with our friend Greg (sushi, duh!) and then we hit up the square for the Christmas lights.  It was FREEZING, so we admired most the lights from the car.

We did get out and brave the cold to get a cupcake from Bliss!  Yum!

And we got one picture of us in the lights walking back to the car.  Shoutout to the nice lady who saw us trying to "selfie" this...and she volunteered to take it.

Christmas Eve, I was up doing some work at home...and also on a treasure hunt.  Tyler told me one of my gifts wasn't wrapped...but instead was in the house in plain sight.  He bought me this pretty cross made of nails and a bead and hung it on the tree! ha! 

Since I had lots of time to get ready, I tried curling my hair with my straightener.  I didn't hate it...

We went to the Christmas Eve service at church.  It was actually held at the high school performing arts center so we could have one giant service.  It was a great time to hear about the gift of Jesus.

After the service, we all came back to our house for dinner.  Stir fry and egg rolls...and it was all wiped out!  Yum!

Christmas Eve evening after everyone left, we put on a Christmas movie (The Santa Clause 2) and opened our gifts to one another.  Tyler got me lots of goodies from Brick City Emporium, including an awesome Razorback photo letter thingy, some candles, the cross, and some other goodies.  He couldn't find the Christmas paper...so it was all wrapped in birthday paper and labeled like this. :)

Christmas morning, we went to mom and dad's for breakfast and gifts.  Gram got some Uggs and she was SO excited.
After mom's, we got ready and went to my MIL's house for more gifts and supper.  I didn't take any pictures because I was enjoying myself so much...but it was a super fun time with everyone.  My family even came to hang out...and that made it so special to have everyone there together.

We were SO blessed this Christmas to be surrounded by family and friends and receive awesome gifts...but none can compare to the reason we celebrate Christmas- the gift of Jesus!  So thankful for that!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that sparkly vest/hat ensemble!! Too bad there aren't more occasions to wear it!! And that is hilarious that your Gram wanted/got Uggs!!! Way to be stylin', Granny!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a really great job on the hair! I've tried to do it before and it was a fail. His wrapping is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love tyler's wrap job. lol looks like another great christmas to add to the books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad y'all had a great Christmas! Love the wrapping paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)