Friday, June 6, 2014

Birthday Celebrations!


We started my birthday celebrations a night early with a fun outing to Tulsa.  We went Wednesday after work, stopped by Caz's Chowhouse (for the biggest and best chicken fried steak and fried green tomatoes #caloriesdontcountonyourbirthday)...

And then I had to introduce Tyler to Glacier Confections where I got birthday chocolates (that I may have finished this morning with my breakfast!).

And Tyler fell in love with their giant dark chocolate peanut butter cups.

Then we strolled to the BOK Center for a Bruno Mars concert!!

The show as FANTASTIC.  Bruno was a fabulous performer.  He sang flawlessly all night.  His band was amazing and so high energy.  And the light show was the best I've ever seen. 


His encore was Gorillas, and it was just a spectacle.  (and how good is his voice at the end of a 2 hour show?!)

We got back about 1:30 a.m.....and I headed to work on Thursday.  My sweet coworkers blessed me with donuts and a wonderful strawberry cake. #caloriesdontcountonyourbirthday


They also SUPER blessed me with a wonderful donation to my friend Rachael!  You can still donate to her here (just select "Allen, Rachael").  I don't have an updated total of her needs yet, but all in all yesterday, I was given almost $300 in donations, not counting what was given online...and I know people made donations online as well.....so thank you for that!
It says "Happy birthday Brittney! We hope this helps bring Rachael home!"

I also got AMAZING texts like this from friends.  They weren't bragging, but just letting me feel the birthday love that they donated.  This was a $27 donation in honor of my 27th birthday! :)


My sweet friend Brandy also met me for lunch and gave me this ADORABLE wooden picture stand.  It says (in beautiful gold!) "Happy girls are the prettiest" Love it!


I taught two Zumba classes, and my classes gave such generous donations for Rachael.  It was a blessing.

I went to my parents' house for dinner...and mom made me a cake too!  My cousins are in town, so we all had dinner together. 

We finished out the night at our house playing soccer with the kids, feeding the catfish and going to bed early. It was great!

Thanks for all the birthday love! :)  Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday, girl!! Looks like it was a great one! This post made me totally hungry, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late Birthday! Glad you had a good one :) That strawberry cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a fun day!! All the yummy food and donations-- perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday!!
    Sounds like you had a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)

If you want a reply, please make sure your email is linked with your Blogger account or that you leave your email in your comment.